Resident leisure space
The valley starting from the southwest of Mudeungsan Saeinbong and flowing toward Dong-gu Ullim-dong Dongsan village is called Dongjeokgol. Although it was a pity that Dongjeokgol had remained idle vacant land for many years, in the spring of 2008, Gwangju Dong-gu, with a budget of 400 million won, planted 120,000 Royal azalea, 37,000 ground pink and Indian lilac, to turn it into a year-round flowering walkway. Following the clean and cool Creek water between the clean Mudeungsan valley, Spring creates a place of harmony among fountain cherry blossoms, azalea, Royal azalea, summer greenery, autumn leaves and snow on the branches.
Walking course (2.0km)
Jeungsimsa Dongsan village entrance ⇔ Bohyeonsa ⇔ Ssamji Park ⇔ Hyeondeoksa ⇔ Dongjeokgol sports grounds
Trail course (4.8㎞)
Jeungsimsa Dongsan village entrance ⇔ Bohyeonsa ⇔ Ssamji Park ⇔ Hyeondeoksa ⇔ Dongjeokgol sports grounds ⇔ Sculpture park ⇔ Saeinbong ⇔ Jungmeorijae Pass
Green Street Park
- Location : Dong-gu Gyerim-dong Gwangju Station ~ Nam-gu Jinwol-dong Dongseong middle school entrance
- Dong-gu : Geyrim-dong Gwangju Station ~ former Namgwangju station
- Park designation date : May. 7. 2002.
- Park construction : October. 2002. ~ March. 2013.
- Area : 120,227.6㎡(Dong-gu 58,205.8㎡, Nam-gu 62,021.8㎡)
- Length : 8.08km(Dong-gu 3.75km, Nam-gu 4.33km)
Green Street Park is made on where a closed rail road was planting flowers and trees to construct green and life road. It represents Gwangju as it connects people’s hearts, town to city, and city to woods made with effort of citizens since Chosun era.
Geumnam Street Park
- Location : Gwangju-si Dong-gu Geumnam-ro 3-ga 20-2
- Park designation date : November 15. 2003.
- Park construction : August. 2005. ~ August. 2006.
- Area : 3,489㎡
On the spot a Korea Bank branch used to stand where Geumnam Street and Joongang Street meet, center of finance of Gwangju city, the park offers a relaxing rest place for citizens with an only green place with ‘light, woods, and water’ in the city.
- Mountain Chalet → Kkomakjae Pass → Gyubongam Hermitage → Jangbuljae Pass → Jungmeorijae Pass → Jeungsimsa(12.6km)
- Mountain Chalet → Neutjae Pass → Tokideung → Beacon mound → Jungmeorijae Pass (4.9km)
- Jeungsimsa → Beacon mound → Neodeolgeong mineral spring → Baramjae Pass(3.2km)
- Jeungsimsa → Yaksasa Temple → Saeinbong → Jungmeorijae Pass(3.5km)
- Neutjae Pass → Donghwasa site → Jungbong Peak → Jangbuljae Pass (4.0km)
- Jangbuljae Pass → Ipseokdae Rock → Seoseokdae Rock(Mudeungsan peak)(0.9km)
Yongsan Life Sports Park
- Location: Gwangju Dong-gu Hwasan-ro 318-26 (Yongsan-dong)
- Size: 17,753㎡ (5,370 pyeong)
- Construction Period: 2003 ~ 2006. June
- Completion Date: June 29, 2006
- Sports facilities: artificial turf stadium 1, badminton stadium 2, gateball stadium 1, tennis court 2, inline skating rink 1, jogging route 1, etc.
- Facilities: Toilets, resting facilities, Square, landscape facilities, etc.
- Contact: 608-8946, Fax 608-2891